At Long Beach Spine & Rehabilitation Chiropractic Health Center, we pride ourselves on our ability to get our patients feeling better quickly and back to doing what they love. A holistic morning routine is the best way to start your day with intention, important to self-care and achieving your goals. Here are 5 rituals we recommend daily – you won’t regret it.
- Stretching – Tired of waking up in the morning achy or constantly tight and sluggish? Chances are you’re like everyone else who skips out on stretching. To start waking up with energy and safeguarding your body from injury, start stretching out your body in the morning.
- Meditating – Sitting and clearing your mind can be very difficult. Taking 15 minutes every morning and meditating is essential to stress-management, becoming more mindful and improving your ability to think clearly and make better decisions.
- Goal Setting – Change is not hard, the decision to make change is hard. Once you’ve made the decision to make changes, then just do it. Set your goals, think long term and review them daily, it’s as simple as that.
- Warm Water and Lemon – This is one of the best ways to wake up your digestive system and kick start your metabolism for the day. The acid and vitamins in fresh lemon juice will flush unwanted toxins out of the body and help relieve any bloating, indigestion or heart burn. It’s also known to help keep skin clear. The enzymes and invigorating properties that lemons carry can help clear your mind and alleviate anxiety. By supporting your digestive system, you’ll notice fresher breath. It can also aid in weight loss as lemons are high in fiber keeping hunger cravings at bay.
- Gratitude Journal – Find things that you can be grateful for every morning and spend at least 10 minutes writing them out. We’re constantly busy worrying about things, as a result we get stressed out. Taking the time to be grateful makes us slow down. Watch as your life transforms before your very eyes.
Dr. Callotta has over 20 years of experience providing holistic chiropractic treatment to her patients. Focusing on natural pain relief and wellness care, we employ a combination of diversified techniques including:
- Spinal Manipulation
- Cranial Facial Release
- Massage Therapy
- Rehabilitation Modalities
- Nutritional Support and Education
Efforts toward wellness save you money and create more time and energy for other fulfilling life pursuits. Learn more.