With cold and flu season in full swing, it seems everywhere you go someone is coughing or sneezing. It doesn’t take much for these germs to spread and before you know it, you have come down with a cold! There are many natural ways to find relief from your cold symptoms, with the most important natural cold remedies according to Dr. Callotta listed below:
1. Rest – Your body needs to use its energy towards the immune battle, sleep and rest as much as you can.
2. Gargle with warm salt water throughout the day. This can moisten a sore throat, reduce swelling and loosen mucus.
3. Hydrate! When your body is dehydrated, this can exacerbate your cold symptoms. Be sure to drink plenty of water.
4. Blow your nose often – Riding your body of mucus during a cold will help alleviate your symptoms.
5. Get adjusted! A chiropractic adjustment stimulates the nervous system, which in turn stimulates our immune system to fight off the cold.
Don’t let a cold keep you down, utilize these helpful and effective natural cold remedies and beat cold and flu season this year!