How do you Manage Stress?
We can all relate to the struggles of managing work, family, social engagements and extracurricular activities. Some days it can seem like there aren’t enough hours in the day to accomplish everything that you need to, which can lead to feeling overwhelmed and stressed!
Did you know that stress can impact you physically as well as mentally? Headaches, insomnia, heartburn, stomach pain, and high blood pressure, just to name a few, can be a response to stress. Set time aside to unwind and decompress after a stressful day, or situation has occurred, and check out these 6 tips to help better manage stress.
1. Exercise – Regular physical activity is one of the best ways to relax your mind and body and it is great for your overall health!
2. Deep Breathing – Find a quiet space, close your eyes and slowly take deep breaths in and out. Do this for 5-10 minutes.
3. Eat a well-balanced diet – Eating nutritious, whole foods will not only help you feel better overall, but it can also help to improve your mood.
4. Take daily time for yourself – Give your mind a break from the stress. Listen to your favorite music, take a yoga class or read one of your favorite books.
5. Make it a point to get enough sleep! Rest your body and your mind.
6. Talk out your problems – Call a trusted friend or family member and vent to them about what is bothering you. Often just talking through our stress is helpful to decrease it.