With summer winding down and the kids heading back to school, it’s easy to get overwhelmed or run late in the morning trying to get out the door. We have all heard the saying, “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day,” and that is very true! It’s important to fuel your body for the day and get your system going with nutrients and fresh ingredients. Look at a few healthy and easy smoothies you can blend up to get your day started on the right note!
1. Spinach, banana and unsweetened almond milk. For extra flavor, choose vanilla or chocolate flavored, just be sure it is unsweetened.
2. Other liquid blending options include orange juice and coconut water.
3. Handful of cherries, mango slices, 1 cup of water and a few ice cubes – blend well.
4. 1 cup of orange juice, 1 ripe banana, ice cubes and ½ teaspoon of green matcha powder – blend well.
5. 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt, ½ an avocado, 1 ripe banana, a few teaspoons of water as needed for desired consistency – blend well.
6. 2 cups raw kale, ice cubes, handful of grapes and strawberries – blend well.
7. 2 big handfuls of spinach, 1 cups of blueberries, liquid of your choice and a dash of honey for some natural sweetness – blend well.
8. 1 ½ cups of unsweetened chocolate almond milk, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and 1 ripe banana. Add in a few ice cubes or ½ avocado for a thicker consistency – blend well.
9. 1 cup or almond or soy milk, 1 ripe banana, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, ½ teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of honey and a few ice cubes – blend well.
10. 1 cup of almond milk, a handful of blueberries, raspberries, and spinach. Add in a few ice cubes and enjoy this antioxidant rich smoothie!
Breakfast doesn’t have to be time consuming. These smoothie options are all quick, easy and will provide you with some nutrients and energy to conquer your day! There’s no “wrong” combination. Try different mixtures. Be sure to avoid added processed sugars. Pick the food items you like best and make sure you have a variety. Cheers to a healthy start of your day!