As a Certified Chiropractic Sports Practitioner (CCSP), Dr. Callotta has advanced training in athletic injuries and treatment. She is available to provide low cost, comprehensive and efficient sports physicals for multiple athletic teams throughout the Los Angeles and Orange County areas (PPE*). By coming to the team, she makes it convenient for coaches and cost effective for parents.
Call us today for more details on sports physicals!
*The pre-participation physical examination (PPE) is an often-required exam to be performed before joining an organized sport. The purpose of the PPE is not to disqualify or exclude, but is an important step toward safe participation in athletic competition, with the health and safety of the athlete and the team in the forefront.
Areas of expertise for the optimal care of athletes:
- Assessment and management of athletic related injury and illness
- Manual medicine techniques for the spine and extremities
- Clinical applications of exercise and physiology
- Concussion evaluation and management
- Pre-participation evaluations
- Soft tissue care
- Analysis of sport specific mechanics
- Application of kinesiology tape and braces
- Sports nutrition
- Sports psychology
- Clinical measurement of athletic performance
- Management of physiological responses